Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe 4th of July weekend. I started my day off by watching a wonderful documentary called Small Town Soldiers. It is about a group of World War 2 vets from my area. My husbands great Uncle is featured in the film. He passed before the film was made, but I know he'd have loved it. It was a moving and eye opening tribute to some very brave men. Uncle Johnny was a fighter pilot in the air force. He flew the Toddlin' Trollop in 19 missions before being grounded due to a heart problem. He was a fantastically funny man and his interview in the documentary shows just that. He brought a bit of humor to a very serious film. It was nice to see him chuckling. So let's all thank the brave men and women who have made this country so great! Happy Independence Day!

No comments: