Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Family Tree Quilt


Family Tree quilt
Originally uploaded by AlwaysInspired
I just finished this lap sized quilt today. It is the 2nd one I've made this year. Aaron decided that each of his Grandparent's needed a special gift this year. I decided on family tree quilts. Each quilt is made in different colors, but the overall theme is the same. I wrapped the 1st quilt before I got a picture, so I have to wait for it to be unwrapped to get one!
This one goes to Aaron's Mom's parents. The Grandparent's names are on the birds at the top of the tree. Each one of their children have a leaf as does their spouse, children, and their spouses. The quilts were a lot of work, but I think they were really worth it. I guess we'll see how they are received on Christmas Eve. You can go to my Flickr to see more shots and a pic of the back to show off the quilting!
I think I am FINALLY done holiday crafting!!!!! Now back to my regular scheduled swaps!

No comments: