Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wee Altered Journals


As a thank you gift and a little memento for the two visiting artists that hosted the stitching workshop at the art center I made them each a tiny altered journal. I used the papers that the art center used as promotional materials, the leaflets of information about the exhibit, maps, and just some fun papers from my stash. I decorated each page, some with stitching, collage, bits of this and that. I tried to incorporate things that would remind them of their time here and the workshop.
The inspiration for these wee works of art was taken from the wonderful Knickertwist! You can find her blog in my blog fave list to the side. Her artwork is so full of whimsy and magic. The journals were well received and each artist was having so much fun looking through the pages and spotting things.
On other crafty news, I'm working my way into dressing an art doll and Walt Disney for a couple of personal swaps. I must say it is odd to have a naked Walt Disney staring you down from your desk! I can't wait to share the swap goodies, but I won't post pics and ruin any surprises. I also have 1 more day of teaching ATC classes at the art center. I'm going to take a pic of some of the cards the classes made and I'll share with the world the art of some wonderful up and coming ATC traders!

1 comment:

Nessa the Procrastinator said...

That is so adorable! I adore your work. You're so creative and what a thoughtful gift. :)