Sunday, October 26, 2008

Bright and Shiny buttons

I ran across these buttons in the bottom of a lot of sewing stuff I got at an estate sale. I have no idea what they are for, but I am assuming military clothing. They were wrapped in tissue and it looks like this isn't a whole set. The back of the buttons say D. Evans & Co. Inc. North Attleboro Mass. There is a pic of the back of the button on my flickr account. Any help in identifying what these were intended for would be a great help. I plan on making a sailor inspired pencil skirt and using these for a button detail on the front.

4 comments:

Tiny T said...

They look like the buttons from a uniform- you know the dress greens? I was in JROTC in High School and they look like the buttons on the front of the jacket as well as on the shoulder (there was a flap that buttoned so that the rank could be pinned.Here's a close up photo i found: http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_pages/0037-0611-1518-4907.html

I hope this is helpful! :)

Tiny T said...

ok, wanted to clarify- ARMY dress uniforms ;) I was in Army JROTC lol

AlwaysInspired said...

Yea! Thanks so much tinyt!

Tiny T said...

You are very welcome. glad i could help! :)