Friday, September 11, 2009

Love Is Shrine


Love Is Shrine
Originally uploaded by AlwaysInspired
I'm so proud of this! It is my first go at a large shrine. I made it for the IYP swap. I'm very new to paper crafting, but this was so much fun to make. I see many more shrines in my future. I distressed a plain shadow box. I also hand tinted the heart image. I made the nest from some crafting grape vine I had laying around here. The wings are feathers from a pheasent we ate last year. I watercolored the rainbow on a dictionary page. If you look under the left wing you can see the word Sapphire, that is why I choose that page. My partner's online name is TheSapphireMoon. I made the candles as well. The egg is real. My hubby's grandparents raise chickens of all kinds and they have some banty hens that lay tiny eggs! Perfect for my projects. Anyway, as you can tell I'm super happy with how this came out and can't wait to get started on my next shrine.

1 comment:

acidtrix said...

this is really lovely, lady. your partner's a lucky gal!