Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Butterfly Project

I was sent this link by a friend who suggested that I should teach a class at my art center for the kids to make butterflies for the Holocaust Museum in Houston. http://www.hmh.org/minisite/butterfly/index.html
I thought it was such a great idea! I found a butterfly template online and made them for each child. My first group was grades 1-3. They each made 2 butterflies. 1 to take home and 1 to send to the museum. They did many different techniques as well. Watercolor painting, paper collage, stamping, colored pencil, crayon, and marker. The 4 over on the right were made by my Auntie and I as examples of different ways to make your butterflies. Next week I am doing the same class with grades 4-8. I should have about 35 butterflies to send to the museum!

1 comment:

Pretty Things said...

This is terrific. I was talking to a jewelry artist about this very project, and she wanted to do an entire jewelry line for this.