Monday, October 12, 2009

The time has come.

So long ago Aaron (the Hubby) made me a nice little space to craft in the basement. It was all wonderful until the mess crept in! I've tried several times to clean it up and organize and nothing works! It just isn't a usable space right now. It makes me so sad to look at it! I've posted pics of it on here before after I've "organized" it, but it just doesn't work. So I've decided to start over! I'm going to remove everything and put it in another room temporarily while I redo. It is a wonderful space, just needs some improvements. First off, it feels like a dungeon! No windows at all! Dark rafters and this terrible ugly carpet that the Hubby got for free from work. The carpet keeps my feet warm, but it also holds onto things dropped on the floor like pins and needles. I think it is time to remove it and paint the floor. I'll add some rugs in the spots that I stand or sit for long periods of time. It also has 2 giant, hulking storage shelves used to store holiday decor and such. I plan on going through the totes and labeling them. This way I can possibly get everything on one shelf and use the other for my crafty storage for fabric and such. I also plan on painting the ceiling white to brighten it up a bit. I also want to add some color to the small bits of wall you can actually see. I need it to feel a little more like a creative space and less like a dungeon. Here's wishing me luck! I'll post some WIP pics as I go!

No comments: