Friday, September 3, 2010

Day of the Dead Skelly Prim

We aren't leaving for camping as early as I thought so I have time for one more post before I run off to the lake for the weekend!
I wanted to share the Day of the Dead prim doll I made for Angelica (Zombie Queen) for a personal swap
.Day Of The Dead Skelly
Skelly is made of muslin that is painted with acrylic paints and aged just a bit with ink. I needle sculpted in her facial features, ribcage, arm bones, hands, leg bones, and feet. The body is a largely modified pattern I found for free online. The bead jointing is so fun! She is fully jointed at shoulders, elbows, hips, and knees. The head was my own pattern that I had to get up in the middle of the night to draw out after having a dream of this doll.Day Of The Dead Skelly
Her lower jaw is movable with vintage buttons for the joints. I made the satin roses and some green cotton leaves for her mourning hat. Of course I made the hat too. All of her clothing is based on classic Day of the Dead dolls that I found online. The peasant shirt and can can style skirt were fun to make. I hand painted all of the lace for the can can skirt.Day Of The Dead Skelly Skirt
She has a little blue ribbon sash that ties at the back with a bow. She looks best standing as the

skirt doesn't let her sit very well.Day Of The Dead Skelly Back
Angelica loves her just as much as I loved making her. It was so fun to get to experiment with a theme I haven't done much with.
Now off to pack up the camping gear! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Digital Misfit said...

Yay! She turned out so cool. I love how you sculpted in her bones and the bead joints. Her outfit rocks!

Zombie Queen said...

Yes, I do. I still can't believe she's all mine. I'm going to buy her stand this weekend. I want to display in all her glory! ^_^ Oh, I'm still going over names. IT has to be just perfect!