Sunday, August 21, 2011

WIP Sunday: Home Again, Home Again, Riggity Jig!

Back from a fun weekend trip! I managed to get a little stitching done even! I'm almost finished with block 4 of the quilt in progress! I should have a finished pic to share tomorrow!

We spent the weekend in South Dakota and had tons of fun. I thought I'd share a couple of photos of Roamy Gnomey!
Roamy Gnomey Playing Slots
He had terrible luck at the slots in Deadwood! (I didn't have any luck either!)
Wild Bill's Grave
We made a stop at Mount Moriah Cemetery in Deadwood so Gnomey could see Wild Bill and Calamity Jane's grave sites! I also took some photos of cool grave markers from the 1800's. I'll share them in a post later.
Rapid City, SD Art Alley
We also made a stop in Rapid City, South Dakota for some shopping at the local galleries. There is an alley downtown full of art! Not just graffiti pieces, but also actual canvas paintings and sculptures. I had fun taking pics of my fave pieces. I won't post them all here, but you can journey over to my flickr to see more of the alley of art.
I am still working on the surprise for my quilty gal pals too! In fact I think I'm going to go work on that for a bit now after I change into my comfy clothes! Hope everyone had a lovely Sunday!




1 comment:

Textile and Stitch said...

Cute gnome :) I love the graffiti pic, I can't imagine being a graffiti artist but I sure enjoy that art form!