Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dothraki Jewel

I had to make a little extra to go with the Khal Drogo hoop so I set to making a Dothraki inspired necklace. I texted my Aunt and asked her to save me a couple of cornish game hen leg bones from her supper and set to work. I've never worked with bones before, but it was actually fun! I looked up on line how to bleach the bone and found that peroxide is the easy way to go. I had the feather component assembled and the necklace it self ready to go so I bleached the bone this morning, dried it and added the bale and loop.
Dothraki Jewel
I had the pheasant feathers in my stash from my Hubby. I combined 2 different feathers to get that look with the clay bead. I really like it and I think I'll have to make myself one! The necklace measures 24 inches of aged brass chain. I think Daenerys Targaryen would be proud to sport this necklace as she rode on her silver mare.

No comments: