Monday, October 24, 2011

WIP Sunday: I Was So Busy!

Yesterday I was so busy sewing I didn't take time to blog! That's ok though since it means I think my slump is lifting! I worked on finishing up a quilt top I've had laying around for awhile. I managed to sew all the blocks together and put on an inner boarder. I choose a light fabric because I liked the contrast better than a darker fabric.
Split Decision With Inner Boarder

Now, this is all fabric left over from another quilt. The "Slice and Dice" that is currently getting the binding hand stitched on. (I'll share it when I'm done!) I over bought and decided to use it up in another quilt. Which means I'm very low on fabric and this needs another boarder! I have some strips left over so I tried out the idea of doing a "piano key" outter boarder.
Split Decision Outter Boarder Option
I'm really not feeling it! I think it looks distracting and just not with the flow of the quilt. All I have left are some 6.5 inch strips so I think I'm going to have to think of something else! I do have some solid turquoise Kona in my stash, but I feel the solid would be to heavy to boarder this with. Any suggestions?



2 comments:

Digital Misfit said...

Awesome! I can't believe you bought enough for TWO quilts!
It may sound odd, but I think a bold border would make the subtle batiks really pop - I was imagining this with a solid black, like the frame of an aquarium.

AlwaysInspired said...

Oh! I like the black idea.