Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hamster's Heirloom Quilt

Hamster's very first quilt is done! After grumbling about math and finally getting things to work out without a pattern I finished! The embroidered blocks were done by my Grandma probably around the time I was born and safely tucked away in a drawer until a couple months ago. Grandma passed them down to me and I set to work. A lovely team effort and something made by Hamster's Great Grandma and Mom for her to snuggle with.
Heirloom Quilt


I wanted to share a close up of one of the blocks. My fantastic long arm quilter did this custom for me! She echoed each embroidered design and then filled in with swirls which keep going in the sashing between blocks. 
Heirloom Block Close Up

Here is a close up of the wonderful swirly quilting in each pinwheel. Those pinwheels were fun to make!


Heirloom Quilt Close Up

It is backed in a super soft yellow flannel!

Heirloom Quilt Back

I'm so happy it is done and can't wait to snuggle a little Hamster in it!

1 comment:

Digital Misfit said...

It is so beautiful! I love that it is truly an heirloom. You pieced it perfectly, and the colors are gorgeous! Yay@ your quilter for rockin the swirls!