Sunday, February 12, 2012

WIP Sunday: What A Sweet Day!

My little sister requested that I help her make her Valentine's box for school this year! Mom, Sis, and I sat down this morning and whipped up a giant cupcake! I made the base box from cardboard and masking tape, with a stuffed top, pleated paper wrapper, felt sprinkles, and a cherry on top!Cupcake Valentine's Box
I couldn't resist making that cherry! There is a slot on the other side in the wrapper for the cards to be put in and the top lifts off to get them out. Sis is super pleased and can't wait to take it to school to show her friends!
I do have some other projects in the works, but the main one is a super secret mega surprise for one of my crafty pals, so no pictures until it is done and at it's new home!
Hope everyone had a super sweet Sunday!

3 comments:

Barbara/myth maker said...

What a great project. School chums are going to be awful jealous!

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

Haha! This is awesome! The cherry is the perfect way to "top off" that sweet cupcake ;)

Digital Misfit said...

That is so cool! Of course the cherry is my fave part!
And I wanna see the super secret project already! :D mine!