Monday, February 28, 2011

Basket Case!

I finally had a nice enough day to take photos of the skully quilt that was my Hubby's Valentine's Day surprise!
The pattern is called "Basket Case" and is from the book "Dare to be Square" by Boo Davis.
Basket Case
It turned out fantastic and he loves it! It is the perfect size for him to cuddle under on the couch!
Here is a close up of the awesome quilting that my fab long arm quilter pulled out for me! Skulls and bones with a bit of a swirl.
Basket Case Quilting
I forgot to take a photo of the back, but it is a dark black and gray Moda swirl and the white quilting stands out nicely against it. It is always on the couch over my Hubby or sometimes the little dog has claimed it as his own!



2 comments:

Jaclyn Trecartin said...

Very nice! I really like the stitching.

amy dame said...

this is gorgeous! i'm so impressed that you made it - i have that book, but of course have yet to sew anything out of it!

you must be so proud of yourself!