The wedding is approaching fast and it isn't realistic that I'll have the entire thing done, quilted, and bound, so my family agreed I'd do my best to have the top complete and show it to the happy couple before taking it back to have it quilted and sew on the binding.
I found some wonderful western fabrics on line and ordered them to get started. I fell in love with the Alexander Henry fabric "Latigo" and even though it is out of print I had to order some from etsy.
The seller was great and even had a bit of extra on had so I will be sure I have enough.
So that will be the larger focal squares and then I started sewing the other blocks that will go between. They are star units and fun and fast to put together. I made one complete block to see how it would look and then started an assembly line to get the star points done all at once before I put the blocks together. I should have them finished up today!
The fabrics look great in person because the Latigo is a bit darker than in the etsy sellers photo. I also got some leather look stuff for the sashing. I can't wait to get it put together!
Yes, I'm also working on a personal swap package and the ugly quilt is put on hold for the moment too!