Sunday, March 20, 2011

WIP Sunday: Oh La La!

The art center where I volunteer was gifted a large amount of a local artists unfinished works after she passed away. With a little brainstorming from a fellow board member and I it was decided to have an unfinished works show and give more local artists the chance to choose a piece of work to finish. The finished works will be auctioned off in a silent auction to benefit the daily runnings of the art center. I helped catalog the works and hang them in the gallery to be selected by the artists. I also had the chance to choose a couple of pieces to finish myself! I found a couple of sketches in a sketch book that I fell in love with! The artist was sketching some lovely beauties and I just knew I could do them justice with a bit of mixed media. I refined the sketches only a bit as I wanted to keep the original charm.
I put them on to 8x16" canvas panels. I started painting a bit today. The pic doesn't show much of my shading as it is terribly dreary out here today. I'm still deciding on background colors as well.
Oh La La
There is still so much shading to be done!
Here is the other sketch on it's panel. Aren't they just a hoot!Oh La La!
I also got both quilts back from the quilter. I have just started binding the western quilt!
WIP Sunday: Binding
I also whipped up a little thread catcher for Heidi's swap package! I think I'm done crafting for her now! Time to pack it up and ship it out!
Have a wonderfully productive Sunday!



1 comment:

LimeRiot said...

These are such fun sketches! I can't wait to see what you do with them!!