Monday, June 13, 2011

WIP Sunday: Just To Busy!

I planned on blogging yesterday, really I did. I got so wrapped up in my project that by the time I was in the house I just couldn't drag myself to the computer. You will have to forgive me, but not only do I have a WIP I have a finished project!

I won the first back yard battle against the weeds! The herb garden is up and growing and ready to harvest from.
Herb Garden Before
I have always wanted some sort of fun stakes to label the herbs. Of course I know what they are, but the hubby can get confused when he goes out to harvest some to add to supper. I had the best idea and got the super handy hubby to cut out some mushroom shapes for me. Here is the backside after a coat of sealer.
Shroom Stakes WIP
Ta- Da! A new and improved herb garden!
Herb Garden After
Isn't it just the cutest!? I also have my wee tin pigs, a nice bench to sit on and smell the herbs, and my bottle tree created by my super talented Great Uncle. The stepping stones are flat field stones that we dug up when we moved in while we were redoing the yard. I love having them in the garden to stand on while harvesting.
Parsley Stake
I couldn't resist showing a close up of a finished stake. Oh, and I'm pretty proud of that gorgeous parsley plant too!






1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so clever!