Monday, December 12, 2011

Spicy!

After a very long and trying week I managed to set to work in the dungeon and come up with some gifts yesterday! It felt good to concentrate on sewing and not worry about other things.

Remember that runner I showed you that wasn't finished? Well I completed another for a gift. My first go at stitching in the ditch quilting on my machine! Yehaw Spicy!
I used western themed fabrics. Some were left overs from the western quilt I made a while back, others were pieces I had picked up along the way with the intent of making something fun. It is a gift for my Hubby's Grandma for Christmas! I love this pattern! It is so fun and easy to make. I have plans on making 1 more for my Grandma!
Yehaw Spicy! Back

This was my first try at stitching in the ditch quilting! I borrowed a friends walking foot (thanks Betty!) until I get my own and set to work. I really like how it looks and it wasn't as hard as I thought.
3D Fabric Pillow Case

I also made a pillow case for my little sister for Christmas. The fabric is 3D! I think she is going to love it! I tried a new pillow case pattern and I totally recommend it. It is a free pattern on www.allpeoplequilt.com Our quilt guild is going to make some pillow cases for local charities and I thought I should test the pattern before I make a few to give away. It went great and I love that there are no exposed seams. It also only took me about 15 minutes to make!

I'm working on a couple more gifts and hope to get things all wrapped up just in time!





1 comment:

Digital Misfit said...

I really love that runner. Such a cool design, and you whip them up so quickly! It must be nice to be able to do your own quilting on these smaller projects (and more affordable!). The 3D pillowcase is SO freakin cool. Sis will love it!