Monday, April 20, 2009

James Memorial Art Center

I just wanted to share this beautiful picture! I was asked a while back to become a board memeber for our local art center's preservation society. The building was built in 1911 so it is very historical in our area. It is a gorgeous building that has been used for many different uses over the years including our towns first library. It now houses art exhibits, children and adult art classes, musical performances, and other community events. I'm not officially on the board and super excited to help out. I'm going to work on the grounds to bring some more color and fun with flowers and also work on the education board to help with the children's art classes. I've even been asked to teach a class this summer! I took some random shots of the building and you can see them on my flickr.

No comments: