Friday, April 24, 2009

Water Color Portrait


Water Color Portrait
Originally uploaded by AlwaysInspired
I tried this awesome technique that I saw on Craftster. I had done it wayyyyy back in high school too, but forgotten all about it. I didn't have the masking fluid, but remembered that in high school we used rubber cement. I ended up having to do 2 coats of the rubber cement on every white part, but I like how it turned out. It is my sister, who is now 8, and I. The pic is pretty old as she is only about 3 in it, but it is still my fave pic of us together. I painted it to frame for our Mom for Mother's Day. I'll have the reference photo up on flickr if you'd care to see what the pic actually looks like. I just hope it is recognizable!

2 comments:

Aveen said...

It turned out great! Your mom will love it.

amy dame said...

wow! it looks amazing! i bookmarked that tutorial too, but of course, i haven't gotten around to try it. thanks for the rubber cement tip@