Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Herb Garden


Herb Garden
Originally uploaded by AlwaysInspired
I had the day "off" today. I never actually have days off. I always have something that needs to be done. Everyone wussed out on me after the last 12 hour weeding marathon so I did this all by myself! With a bit of help from my fun new tool the Hula Hoe. Isn't that just fun to say? My herbs are growing now and I can start the fresh herb cooking. All through the summer the hubby and I cook something at least once a week if not more with fresh herbs from the herb bed. I only had 3 herbs come back this year. The tarragon in the back that looks sad, but trust me in a week it will be 4 feet tall again. I thinned it out and cut it back. The chives in the front which also look sad after a thinning and cutting back. The hyssop came back super healthy so I can't wait to make some tea. The rest I planted today. Some are annuals and some will come back next year like the mints. Here's a list of what I'm growing: Lavender, dill, oregano, Greek basil, large leaf basil, orange mint, ginger mint, peppermint, spearmint, hyssop, tarragon, chives, fennel, curled parsley, flat leaf parsley, thyme, and rosemary. Those are moss rose planters hanging on the garage. I just love the color. You can probably spot my Little herb piggies too. Next project..... the Moon garden!

No comments: