Sunday, November 14, 2010

WIP Sunday: Moving Along!

I really am making some progress with the Holiday gifts! I'm really feeling good about how things are going. Yes, I have a lot more things on the list, but things are coming together swimmingly.
First off, the peacock quilt top is done! Yay! Just need to press it out one last time, measure, and put my backing together. Then it is off to the long arm quilter for quilting! Then back to me for the dreaded binding. This quilt is pretty large, for a double bed, but so pretty! I think I'll have it quilted in a feather pattern. I couldn't get a decent pic as it is pretty dreary out and I don't have a place big enough to spread this out right now!

Peacock Quilt Top
I'm also working on a special pillowcase for a special family member. My Great Aunt has a son that is handicapped and he loves the Steelers so I thought a pillowcase would be a fun gift for him. I'll have a bit of fabric left over of each color so I'm trying to think of some other little thing I can make up for him.

WIP Pillowcase
The place mats still aren't finished! I swear I will get the backs on them before next weekend! LOL The other giant WIP I have is still our kitchen remodel. Turns out the pantry we had to re order because of the companies mess up is now riding around the country in a semi. They loaded it first instead of last so it gets a trip around the country before it can get brought to my house!It won't be delivered until the day after Thanksgiving. We put away as much of our kitchen as we could today so at least things are in the cabinets we have! The Hubby took the week off this week to start on the floor! I'm so excited! We'll have it done before Christmas so I guess that is all that matters. I'll do a WIP pic of the kitchen next week!

4 comments:

Digital Misfit said...

Yay! Auntie's quilt is looking great! I cant wait to see it quilted up. A feather pattern would be perfect.

Avery said...

The quilt top looks gorgeous! Can't wait to see it all quilted up...
And the pillowcase is perfect! I think that it will be well loved...
:)

Priti Lisa said...

Busy, busy girl! The quilt looks gorgeous. Yoer family is so lucky to be getting these handmade gifts!
I love your little empathy monster, too cute!
xox

Avery said...

BTW I just wanted to let you know that I have an award for you here: http://averysbooknook.blogspot.com/2010/11/lookie-here-my-first-award.html
:)