Monday, May 7, 2012

Yuki the Magic Bunny

The wonderful I Sew Cute , who designs amazing embroidery patterns, asked me to stitch up one of her new ones! It is based on her adorable bunny Yuki! I swear this rabbit is a super star! Her photography of the little critter always makes me smile. I jumped at the chance to stitch it up, especially since stitching requires sitting still. A huge thanks to June for giving me something to do yesterday!


Yuki the Magic Bunny

I found this wonderful Emerson quote on line and really liked how it went with this particular version of Yuki. So full on contemplation and wonder. 

Yuki the Magic Bunny

Here is a close up of just Yuki. I stitched the entire thing on some unbleached linen in 2-3 strands of floss. I used split stitch, back stitch, and a touch of satin stitch. I'm not sure what I'm going to create with this little lovely! It is about 8X10. I was thinking maybe a lovely throw pillow cover for Hamster's room or maybe just frame it and hang it up. What do you think?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Yuki and I love this!