Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gypsy Quilt Block For a Great Cause


gypsy quilt block
Originally uploaded by AlwaysInspired
I was asked to make a quilt block for a wonderful charity called strive for life. They work with homless children in Romania. The quilt blocks will be collected from various artists and made into a quilt that will be auctioned off with the money going towards the charity. The theme is gypsy since the children they work with often are gypsy. The person putting it all together has a blog here.
http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com/
If you'd like to make a block post on her blog and let her know.
I found a block similar to this in a image search on google. I just drew it out a bit differently and cut away, but I have done away with the crystal ball, because it won't fit on the block size I'm doing. Now I just have to applique it on to the blue fabric and I can send it off and watch it get made into an awesome quilt.