Thursday, November 6, 2008

Until Death Do Us Part

I just had to share this piece that I did for a personal swap on Craftster.org. I found the calveras image online and redrew it to make it embroidery appropriate. The flowers are a vintage transfer from the flickr group hoop love. I used so many different stitches that I've never done before. I just love how it turned out. My father in law made the frame from reclaimed wood. It has the best texture ever. I painted the banner on the bottom that says "until death do us part" in Spanish. If you'd like to see close ups of my stitching check out my flickr. Tomorrow I'll show you all the wonderful piece of art I got in return from Acidtrix!

3 comments:

Digital Misfit said...

yeah yeah i love the piece, you already know that :P
a big hi 5 to the FIL for that great job with the frame!

now its your turn to suffer - youve been TAGGED! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com/2008/11/ive-been-tagged.html

Lisa Brawner said...

that is a beautiful piece.

Emily said...

I love this. Its hung up in the main hall so everyday I pass it dozens of times and it always makes me smile :D