Monday, December 20, 2010

Peacock Quilt

The Peacock quilt is done and ready to be wrapped up in a pretty box with a bow.

It is the Chinese coin pattern in blues and greens. It is 58X80, a nice size to curl up on the couch with. I used the backing fabric to base the other colors on and since my Auntie is getting it and she loves peacocks and their colors I went a bit wild.
Peacock Chinese Coin
Here is the inspiring backing fabric I used.
Peacock Chinese Coin Back
I had it quilted by the same long arm quilter that did my first quilt. She did a gorgeous feather pattern in a fun variegated thread. It pulls the whole thing together so perfectly!
Peacock Quilting

I'm so excited to see her face when she opens it! I think it is the gift I am most looking forward to give.

2 comments:

Avery said...

It looks beautiful!

AlphaBetsy said...

Beautiful!! It's water colored.