Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Winter Wonderland

It is cold. Ok, so that is probably an understatement, but I don't know how else to explain what 15 below zero is like. That is of course without the wind chill. The cold also brings the most beautiful weather you could imagine. I stepped outside this morning and my eyes lit up with wonder. Don't get me wrong, I hate cold, but the pictures it creates are so astounding! I grabbed my camera slapped on my ear flapper hat and stepped out my front door to take some pictures. I wish I could have driven into the country to get some shots, but the hubby has just gotten off work and needs to be in the bed. If you'd like to see these photos even better go to my flickr and see them in the large view.

Jack Frost's Visit
Jack Frost's Visit

North!
North!

Welcome Sunshine
Welcome Sunshine

Three shots to share of my neighborhood. It is going to be cold all day and that sun is so misleading. More snow on the way tonight. Time to curl up in the chair today with some tea and my book and forget about the stress of hosting the holidays. Well, I may do a little spiffing up around here. Clear out some of the art supplies from the desk and floor surrounding the computer.




4 comments:

Pretty Things said...

Quite gorgeous!

Nichola said...

Gorgeous!

Gaby Bee said...

Warm Christmas wishes to you and yours! Health, Happiness and may all of your dreams come true for 2011!

Hugs, Gaby

Shannon said...

Absolutely beautiful! And I adore that dragon weather vane!!