Friday, July 1, 2011

Gnome Stained Glass WIP's

I'm taking a adult and child stained glass class at the art center. I showed my progress a while back, but I have him almost done now! Tuesday night is our last class and I had to have it ready to solider. I've done stained glass several times now, so I brought the stuff home to finish it up.
First I had to grind, and grind, and grind! All those little bitsy pieces.
Gnome Stained Glass WIP
Then it was on to foiling, which is tedious, but not hard.
Gnome Stained Glass Foiled
I'll use a patina on the solider to make it black. I think the black lines will look great. The foiling is copper. I'm tempted to head over to the art center and plug in a soldering iron to finish him up!


5 comments:

Digital Misfit said...

I LOVE HIM! Seriously cute stuff here. I know there must have been some under-the-breath swearing when grinding out that mouth and stache, but you did a rockin job!
Can't wait to see him finished.

Kristin Dudish said...

This is amazing!!! The class sounds like loads of fun!

I love, love, love gnomes! I have one that travels with me (and sometimes makes appearances on my blog!) hee hee

Have a great weekend :)

xo
Kristin

Barbara/myth maker said...

Wow, what a lot of work. Love this gnome!

Unknown said...

That is SO cool! You are a woman of many talents.

LimeRiot said...

How adorable! I can't wait to see the finished version. Sounds like a fun class!