Sunday, July 24, 2011

WIP Sunday: Maybe I'm A Bit Ambitious?

I'm on the go on several projects so I thought I'd share the scope of what I'm doing with all you lovely people. Have I taken on a bit much? LOL I don't seem to think so. Things are moving along rather nicely and if I get bored of one project I have another to bounce to. I usually don't get this many things on the go at once, but with hand projects it seems to not be that big of a deal. My sewing machines have both been on the fritz so until the new super duper awesome one gets here I'm working on hand only projects!

You've seen this before, I know, but it is still a WIP. The sketch of the James Memorial Art Center. The building is historical and I'm on the board of directors and volunteer a ton. I dreamed up this stitching project for the 100 anniversary of the building. Other people are contributing pieces to make a wall hanging. We get together once a month and stitch away at the art center, so this is a piece I don't work on consistently. My "in between project".
JMAC Embroidery WIP

Next up on the WIP list is a very special piece. I have a dear friend that was diagnosed with colon and liver cancer about a month ago. He has had his surgery and his colon is now cancer free and is on his way to have the surgery on his liver this week! Things are looking good! A long time ago he uttered a phrase that has stuck with us. I'm sure a few cocktails played a large part in his comment, but it makes us all laugh and it is used pretty often among us friends. I used the phrase to stitch on a tea towel for the tea towel tour on Craftster and since then he has wanted his own version. I promised that when he comes back from his surgery he will have his very own framed version to hang up. Not much to go to finish it up and I already have the frame! He'll be home on August 5th hopefully!
For A Friend WIP
I'm also working on my swap piece for the I love the 80's sewing swap on flickr. A "Soviet Union propaganda folk art wall hanging" for my best friend Heidi! My first whirl at hand quilting and it isn't as bad as I had thought. Here is another little teaser for her ;)
WIP Teaser
One last WIP to share. A mixed media piece. I took the Magical Mythical Makings course on willowing.ning, but never finished the last assignment! I finally decided to work on it and I think it will go to the art center's charity auction in September. The theme this year is "Celebrating Culture Through Art." A little Irish fairy with shamrocks. It will be turned into a wall hanging with fabrics. I'm in the process of painting.
Irish Fairy WIP
So as you can see I'm one busy lady! Never mind the fact that I need to get my crafty room straight and organized before my new sewing machine gets here!






2 comments:

Digital Misfit said...

Everything is rockin, though of course I am partial to my quiltie! It is going to be so awesome xoxoxo

Paula Jo @ Home and Garden Decor said...

You are really busy, but it seems you are enjoying it all. Remember to breathe from time to time. (Just joking) I like the saying that you friend said, and I hope he has a fast recovery.