Friday, July 22, 2011

Gnome Stained Glass

I've finished my gnome stained glass! I've also realized just how difficult it is to get a good photo of stained glass! I gave it my best shot so I could share him.
Gnome Stained Glass
It was my first time using the solder patina and I really like the black lines on this guy. He hangs now in the front window of the house. The window the dog lays in. He makes such a cute addition to the window! The pattern is from "the gnomes book of Christmas crafts" circa 1980. There is also a female gnome pattern and I hope to get to make her sometime too!
Gnome in the Window
I love stained glass so much!



4 comments:

Barbara/myth maker said...

What a great job you did. He's great!

AlphaBetsy said...

He's fabulous!! Awesome job.

Wulf said...

What a cutie! I really like the fact that you put the hanging loop at the top of the head instead of the more obvious spot at the very top of the figure. It's much less obtrusive there and leaves the tip of the hat clean.

Sherezada said...

Wow, you did such a great job! He looks amazing!