Sunday, August 8, 2010

Happy Couple Pillow


Happy Couple Pillow
Originally uploaded by AlwaysInspired
Remember that teaser I posted ages ago for SpookyPooky? Well here is the actual item! She received her package so now I can share the crafty goodies with everyone! Alexz had this image on her wist and I knew it was just begging to be an embroidery. I drew out the image and embroidered it on black cotton twill in two strand backstitch. I added some vintage sequins and beads to dress up the bride. I just so happened to have satin in the colors of Alexz wedding so I made long strips and burned the edges, then gathered and made ruffles for around the pillow. The check fabric is decor weight fabric so it really gives the pillow a nice feel. I made the back envelope style so she can take the pillow out if need be. I wouldn't wash this as the sequins may not hold up well, but maybe a gentle hand wash wouldn't hurt.
If you'd like to see a close up of the embroidery hit up my flickr.

4 comments:

Nessa the Procrastinator said...

This is amazing! Alexz is such a lucky girl. :)

Alexz said...

I love this pillow so much! You are amazing!! Thank you so much Deana!

AlphaBetsy said...

That is a beautiful piece. I wish I had your mad skills.

TheBlakkDuchess said...

This is such an awesome pillow! =D