Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Celtic Angel Mixed Media

This isn't my first go at mixed media. I do it on a small scale all the time with my ATC's, but this is my first large scale go at it and boy am I happy! A great Aunt of mine had a room added to her house and I helped her paint it. I just knew she needed some art to go in the space. I had a wonderful idea to enlist the help of my crafty partner in crime Digital Misfit. With her drawing and eye for design and my excitement and can do attitude we make the best crafty team ever. She drew/designed this beautiful Celtic angel for me and I adapted it into a piece of mixed media art. This is the Celtic Angel in her new home. I'm so happy with how I matched her to the room. She looks great and my Aunt was over the moon excited that she has an original by me!
Celtic Angel

I used a ton of different medias including papers, inks, paints, pencils, embossing powder and anything else I had handy. Don't forget the baby wipes! How did I ever craft without them? If you don't use them in your crafting go out and get some!
Celtic Angel Detail
Her face was done after watching several tutes on you tube about face shading and mixed media art inspirations. I'm so happy with how it came out. Especially since I've never used so many different products on one piece to get the look I wanted. Her face was painting with colored pencils, watercolor paint, watercolor pencils, acrylic paint, and graphite pencil! Whew! What an awesome technique!
Celtic Angel Close Up
Anyway, I'm so happy with her and can't wait to make more! I have a few ideas already for some more gifts. Who doesn't want to get an original piece of art work as a gift? I also have a super special one in the works for myself. Just waiting on a supply from etsy!

3 comments:

Digital Misfit said...

Yay! You totally rocked her! Love all of the techniques you used and the gorgeous layers.

Another win for AI-DM :P

kc_millie said...

Beautiful work!

swanriverstone said...

she is so beautiful;-)