Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Next Quilt and the Struggles of the Other


The Next Quilt
Originally uploaded by AlwaysInspired
I'm working away on Mom's quilt in between working at two different jobs. I wanted to have Mom's quilt at least back from the quilter by her Birthday on August 18th, but with that quickly approaching and me stumbling over the pieced boarders I'm thinking it isn't going to happen. The boarders of this thing are giving me fits! The quilt top itself was so fun, these boarders are just a pain! I thought I had them done only to realize after looking at my friends quilt of the same pattern that I didn't have enough pieces made! UHG! So back to the boarders to rip off the ends and add a new piece and then put the ends back on. I haven't had much crafty time with working in the office at the art center until we get a new administrative assistant, and helping out at the high school getting ready for school to start. I have a swap I need to finish up (Zombie Queen) and also my piece for the charity auction in September to do.
The bright funky fun fabric is going to be a triple rail quilt for myself. It is the quilt I should have done as a beginner, but missed the class for it and went right on to the one I'm doing for Mom. With the knowledge that I've gained from Mom's quilt this one will be a piece of cake. No pieced boarders!

6 comments:

Amy said...

OMG. I LOOOOOOOVE that fabric. I can't wait to see the final result of your quilts!

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Wow, that is going to be one supremely awesome quilt! =D

Hugs & more hugs & happy thought floating your way whilst you're so busy.
Here's to hoping you find time to do all the neat little crafty things you do & soon! ^-^

xoxo

Mila said...

Cute fabrics!
The result will be great!
Hugs,
Mila :)

Zombie Queen said...

Oh wow!!! Those fabrics rock!! Wherever did you get them? I cannot wait to see the end result.

AlwaysInspired said...

The fabrics were all from the sale table at the local quilt shop! All that fabric was only $13 total! Pretty good for an entire quilt top!

Avery said...

OMGosh! That fabric is beautiful and $13 for an entire quilt? :O!
Can't wait to see what you come up with!