Monday, August 23, 2010

Two Feathers Work In Progress


Two Feathers
Originally uploaded by AlwaysInspired
So I have a project due by Friday for the art center's annual art auction. I started off with one idea and was totally not happy with how it was taking shape. I just couldn't bring my ideas together in a way that would make a project that wasn't disjointed. So I switched gears and went to something I'm always comfortable with, making a doll. I remembered that I had a vintage doll making book with some wonderful Native American patterns in them. I had been wanting to make one for my little sister. I dug out the book and got started. Sioux Indians are the main type that we have around here. All things Native American are pretty popular. It just so happens the book had a great Sioux girl in it. I'm working on the clothing now and I'm afraid I may run out of a certain color of seed beads. If that happens I'm screwed! I'm beading the yolk of the dress, moccasins, and leggings. I hope she turns out great. Her little face is pretty cute so far. She is pretty simplistic, but I think it works with the theme. I'm naming her Two Feathers, which is what we call my little sister.

1 comment:

Zombie Queen said...

Awww! Her face is adorable. I can't wait to see how she turns out