Friday, October 29, 2010

A Healing Process

I just finished the first part of the second week of assignments for the Art, Heart, and Healing class. It was a healing piece of art to do for sure. I cried a bit and smiled as well. I tried to think of it a bit more technically so I didn't turn in to a blubbery mess of tears and emotions, but I let the tears fall that needed to. I wasn't totally happy with it, until a good friend said, "this is more of a healing piece than an art piece." Changed my mindset on it and so I wanted to share.
It is wishes for the little me. I may or may not have had all of these wishes, but I think they are good things to wish for any person.
Altered Board Book Page 1
That is my hospital picture that I used gel medium to transfer on. My transfer didn't work well the 1st go around so this is the 2nd try. Still not the best, but I went with it. Also my first time playing with my very new set of Caran D'Ache water color crayons. I'm in love!
Here is a bigger photo of my wishes.
Altered Board Book Page 1
Now on to working on a more artistic piece for the 2nd spread in my new altered board book of me!


No comments: