Sunday, October 24, 2010

WIP Sunday: Onwards and Upwards

I'm working at it! Things are going slowly right now, but I'm falling into a new schedule with my new job so I'll know when I can have crafty time.
The place mats are sort of progressing. I need to drive 2 hours to the nearest craft store to buy some more iron on interfacing to finish them up. The tops are almost all sewn together and I have the backing fabric now too.
I haven't gotten to start Auntie's quilt yet ( the strips I shared last Sunday), but I should get to start it really soon. I almost have the binding sewn on my Mom's quilt (also shared last week). That isn't a Christmas gift though, she was supposed to have it in August. Oops. Hubby shirt is also coming along. I'll have to work extra hard if I want to have it done before his Birthday! Yikes!
I'm also just starting working on a stocking for my LAST swap until after the holidays. It is for the modern stocking swap on Flickr. Here are my fabric choices. Some white chenille and 2 coordinating Amy Butler fat quarters. Now I'm just deciding how I want to construct it. Won't take long to whip up I'm sure.
So I'm progressing. It may seem slow, but I'll get there! How is everyone else coming along in the handmade gift crusade?

1 comment:

Nessa the Procrastinator said...

Those placemats will be wonderful! They're so cute. :)

My handmade gifts were made by others. lol! I do have a shipment of fabric heading my way to make blankets for my in laws and my DH. :) I'll have to think of some handmade stuff for my mom.