Saturday, October 16, 2010

Merlin the Mighty Hunter

I haven't posted any pictures of our beloved fur ball for a while so I thought I 'd share some from yesterday when we went on a great hunting adventure. Now you might be saying, "but Merlin is an awfully small dog to be out hunting", and I'd say to you, "Shhhhhh, don't tell him that!"
He bounds through the tall grass in leaps and enjoys every minute of it! Granted we didn't bag any birds to eat, but he sure had fun out in the country!
I took these pics in the backyard while we were waiting for the Hubby to get ready to go. Merlin was mighty excited once he put on his orange hunting vest!
Mighty Hunter
He also is a ham for the camera and poses at any sign I might take a picture.
Royalty
After a good 45 minute walk through high grass he was dragging pretty bad and had to be carried half way back to the truck for a big bowl of water! After a bit of rest we went for another walk to scare up birds and weren't successful. It didn't really matter that we didn't come home with supper. Merlin was tired and fell asleep in my lap on the ride home. I'll leave you with a picture of the wonderful wide open plains.
Prairie Sky
Happy Saturday!



2 comments:

Digital Misfit said...

Merlin is such a handsome little man (and quite the camera ham - he is ALWAYS posed!).
I love his wee hunting vest.
That is an incredible horizon photograph. The prairies kinda freak me out. I like trees, and the fact that I can't see what the farmer over in Manitoba is planting :P

Kira - oopsicraftmypants.com said...

That's a good lookin' dog! Sounds like fun :)